First Class is free. Register here.
We offer kids classes for ages 4-12.
Our goal is to provide the fundamental building blocks for healthy young minds and bodies through capoeira exercises. The Tacoma Capoeira Center is dedicated to providing a space for the youth in our
community to learn valuable lessons that will help them to thrive in Capoeira and in life.
Things to Know
- Classes are not age-specific.
- Classes are inclusive to all capoeira levels.
- Please refer to the calendar for the Capoeira Kids class schedule.
- Parents can stay for the first class to watch the class. After the first class, we ask that parents wait in the adjacent sitting room.
- All classes are 50 mins and you will need to pick up your child promptly at the end of class.
- Parents and family can watch the entirety of Sunday’s Capoeira roda in Seattle to see their child’s progress.
- Your child can get good at capoeira only attending once a week.
- Classes are serious and a workout. Kids should know to be on their best behaviour.
What to Wear
- Please have your child wear pants. No shorts. No skirts/dresses.
- No shoes or socks on the training floor.
- After the first class, all students are required to wear the white Seattle Capoeira Center t-shirt to class with black or white pants.
Please contact us if you have any questions about Capoeira classes for kids.